Sprechen Sie Deutsch? ¿Habla Español? Speak another language? Translate!

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Squishable Talk

Julius: I am so MAD!

Peanut Butter: Julius, I think you're overreacting.

J: I am not. We'll have been here three weeks tomorrow and we haven't left the house once. Then this new guy comes along-

Yulysta: I'm a girl.

J: -this new girl comes along and gets to go out on a field trip the day she arrives. It's so unfair.

Y: Holly and I only went down the street to pick up the youngest girl from school. We were gone only for a half hour or so.

J: Still. The little girl got to carry you the whole way home and we had to stay here. On the dresser. Alone.

PB: Julius we have had plenty of play time with the children since we've gotten here. All three of the kids like playing with us, and even liked looking at our website to see which of our friends they'd like to have for themselves.

J: Okay but what about going out and seeing the city? Holly has gotten to go all over Munich, looking at German tea stores, finding organic food, going sledding with the girls, and getting to see cool architecture. She even went to a new area called "Pasing" to look for a hobby store which she enjoyed very much.

Y: Uhm, I only went down the street, and I'll have you know I was stuck in a plastic bag, inside of a box, for over a week. Luckily, I am able to hold my breath indefinitely.

J: All of us can. And what kind of name is "Yulysta" anyway?

PB: Be nice, will you? She's one of us now, and Holly loves us all equally.

Y: "Yulysta" happens to be a lovely name that is a combination of Holly's grandma's kitty's names. I was a gift to Holly, and the name has special meaning.

J: I'd fold my arms and pout, but my arms are too small.

PB: Okay so now that you've gotten that out of your system, can we talk about life here at home?

J: Whatever.

PB: Holly has been doing a lot of cleaning lately. Dishes, mopping, laundry, dusting, vacuuming, making beds, and wiping down the bathrooms. But she has also had some time to be doing some fun things with the children like craft time with clay, and looking up fun experiments, and buying more yarn for more teddy bears.

Y: I like the clay lily she made. It matches the orange real lilies she has now.

PB: Holly has also found a bit of soil and will begin her planing within the next day or so.

Y: She has collected a total of five containers now, and has eight kinds of seeds.

J: Papaya, pumpkin, apple, pear, clementine, mango, avocado, and red pepper.

PB: Holly has also had to do some German homework for her class. Her German is getting better, but it's still hard sometimes.

J: Also this weekend we have two guests: the mother's friend and her daughter. This lessens the work load slightly because there isn't any babysitting to be done really with her friend here.

Y: She did get to the bio-welt store today. I'm noticing Holly really likes sesame seeds. She loves Halva, especially the kind here in Germany (Wiki Halva or Allos Halva), and she tried something new total called Laddu, which also had sesame in it but is very rich and it isn't something you eat all at once (Wiki Laddu or Sesam Laddu), and she bought some sesame topped crispbread/crackers (Linea Natura Sesam Vollkorn Knäcke). 

PB: She bought some other things too, like juice and yogurt for breakfast, gummy bears to snack on for the kids, mints for her tummy, tea (also for the stomach), rolls, and falafel.

J: What is falafel? It sounds like a name she'd come up with for a Squishable.

PB: It is traditionally an Egyptian fried ball made from chickpeas or fava beans (Wiki Falafel).

Y: It's very healthy for you. Holly is trying to not only stay organic, but healthy as well. Lots of fruits, vegetables, yogurt, seeds/nuts, and whole grains.

J: Boring. So can we talk about how she went sledding with the girls? She accidentally went down the hill with the sled facing the wrong way and the ends of the bottom of the sled dug into the ground and sprayed her with so much snow the oldest girl who was sitting behind her laughed so hard she practically fell off the sled after it stopped!

PB: That was funny. She was pretty cold. The oldest girl loved it, but the youngest didn't like it so much.

J: Let's see what else... you know? Not much has happened this week. We have a new Squishable friend-

Y: Thank you.

J: -and Holly did a lot of cleaning. She did some crafts and things too, for example she finally finished that 1500 piece puzzle. Well, it was really only 1493 pieces. It was missing seven. Oh! And Holly did those melty-bead-things that you make into a picture and then iron them together, with the kids. What are those things called?

Y: Perler Beads.

PB: For the rest of the weekend, Holly will be working on a special teddy bear as well as working on her German homework, going to the church tomorrow at 4:00pm, and maybe doing some more craft things.

J: Hopefully we'll have actually traveled a little by the next time we post.

PB: Holly will keep everyone updated as new and exciting things come around. And she'll post at least once a week, if not more, just to keep everyone up to speed.

Y: We hope you like the pictures and comments that Holly has posted below.

PB, J, & Y: Grüss gott!

The children's school. This is the right side...
... and this is the left side.
Our sled.
We found an area that had lots of ice. We collected some.
Whee!
Climbing back up the hill... not so easy.
This cute dog was having so much fun in the snow. Rolling around, running like a madman up and down and around. Even came up to me to be scratched. Liked me so much that the oldest girl commented that he's not my dog...
My Perler bead creation. The kids liked it. The littlest girl said he was cranky.
My very first 1500 piece puzzle ever. Can you spot all missing seven pieces?
My lilies. They make the room smell amazing. The one at the bottom is the one I made. The card came with my Squishable. I was so excited to get my first package.
Pasing. My very first time there. I was looking for the hobby shop, which I found, and subsequently found two bio stores and a flower shop, which is where I bought my lilies.
Interesting point: There are two city halls, the original and the new one. This is the new one. The organic cafe I found was in Marienplatz, which is where this picture and the one below it was taken. The other Rathaus picture is in an earlier blog post.
Another interesting point: Germany has 16 states. Bavaria, where Munich is located, is one of the states. Bavaria is considered to be very different from the other 15, mostly because at one point it was its own kingdom. In fact, there are still palaces in the area. I plan on visiting those palaces soon.
I hope to be doing some more exciting things and some sight-seeing. I will keep everyone updated!

P.S.: Check out the new mascot picture if you haven't already!

2 comments:

  1. I WANT TO GO TO A GERMAN PALACE!!!!!
    I love your gma and shes awesome for sending you Yulysta!!!!!
    Even though it's not your dog you shouldve kept it and given it o me lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly,
    GrandPa Mike here. You have a very interesting blog. Munich looks like a really great city. I liked especially the fountain with the statues pouring water. I've dreamnt for years about having something like that for our backyard--smaller of course, and maybe not in such a grand manner but some sort of figure spouting water!
    Its snowing here and there is a very fierce wind blowing too. Calista is on my lap as I type.

    We're finally getting around to cleaning up the attic. Your things are going to have their own single area, well-organized and easy to get to.

    Grandma is well, as am I. Joan has a cold. She had a telephone call today from Dorothy whom you may or may not remember. You went with us to Niagara Falls once with her and her second husband. You were about 6 or 7 then. She's my mother oldest acquaintance. She's 95. The two of them reminisced over things that happened in their childhood.

    Oh well, I'm rambling.

    Looking forward to your next blog entry,

    Grandpa Mike

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment if you so choose!