Sprechen Sie Deutsch? ¿Habla Español? Speak another language? Translate!

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Picture Day #4 - Random Things

Good afternoon all (for those of you who are currently in a European country, otherwise, hello!),

So I'm feeling a little down today and in order to perk up my spirits I have decided to do a random blog post with bits of random information and tidbits (and who doesn't love tidbits).

First off I will start with news that I haven't relayed to many of you and this is I am leaving tomorrow to go to Heidelberg, Germany with the family for the weekend. (Somehow, I feel a Squishables blog post coming on...) I'm sure this will be fun because I'm told it's a very historic town with lots to see. I've done some research and discovered there are quite a few things I can do, and most of it is very cheap or free. Not to mention a castle or two... and I love castles...

Second, Paris is rapidly approaching for me and I can hardly contain my excitement. May 29th is the day I leave, just so everyone's aware, and I could not be more excited. The week I will be going to Paris is also the week I have decided I will go to Salzburg to spend a day. For anyone who is not American, and for those of you who are and have lived without knowing the wonders of "The Sound of Music" movie, it is a must-see and I plan on watching it before I go.

I have complied a list of things to do while I'm still here in Munich, plus a few things to see if I can manage to do while I'm still in Europe. I would love to go through Amsterdam if I can afford it, and if not Berlin would be on the list. As far as Munich goes, I have an aquarium, BMW Welt, the Deutches Museum,  and Olympia Park, to name a few, on my list. My time left here is surprisingly short now, leaving me wondering where in the world the time as gone!

Here's a tidbit for everyone: if you click on the first link in any Wikipedia article that is not within a set of parenthesis or italicized and keep going, you will eventually end up at the Wikipedia "philosophy" page. I did not believe this until I tried it. (Thanks xkcd!)

Okay, I think that's all I have for now. I have a few pictures below with captions. Be happy!

Okay so in the spirit of my yogurt based smoothies, I developed my strawberry-banana smoothie! Four-five large strawberries, one banana, 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup milk of choice, 4 ice cubes. Blend until smooth. Yum!
Okay so this is an odd color, and I know it has black flecks in it, but hear me out. A third of a mango, a kiwi, a third of a banana, a small squirt of lemon juice, 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup milk of choice, 4 ice cubes. Blend. Taste. Ahh... (Full amount a fruit I had on hand was a whole mango, a whole banana, four kiwis, and half a lemon squeezed over the fruit. Divide into thirds or fourths for serving sizes.)
Okay so I wanted to buy a coloring book so bad that well, I bought a coloring book! They were hard to find; here in Germany they have a thing with mandalas to color. But I eventually learned that "coloring book" in German is "malbuch."
I went a little nuts with the coloring. Not seen here is a mallard duck and a VW Beetle I also colored.
Maybe Never Wrote A Song. Be Marlboro. I wish I could find the Maybe Never Fell in Love poster I saw. That one was very funny.
This is kinda interesting: they had a Frühlingsfest here (Spring festival), and I just wanted to stop by to see what it was all about. Well, aside from being in Germany, it felt like every other carnival or fair I've been to. Kind of disappointing actually. Might have been fun with the kids or a friend. I stayed for about 5-10 minutes then left.
Pretty day here in Munich.
DUCKIES!! I love duckies.
Sitting area just outside the Pullach train station. Pullach is not technically in Munich. It's right on the border though, and only about a 10 minute walk from where I live. It's also where I go to school.
Fred der Frosch close up. Isn't he cute? It's only been five days since the last picture but he is really growing quick. I'm going to find another container to put him in and give him more fresh pond water when I get back from Heidelberg.

1 comment:

  1. Does that mean no skype this saturday!? I gotta try that Wikipedia thing out lol. Fredicca is def getting big lol. I still havent made that avocado smoothie, but i gotta try these as well. The kiwi one sounds delicious. Oh boy another Squishable blog! Too bad Chanticleer cant join in lol.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment if you so choose!