Sprechen Sie Deutsch? ¿Habla EspaƱol? Speak another language? Translate!

Saturday, July 28, 2012

My List is Now Complete... With a Visit to Lake Starnberg

Hello!

As all of you had known, I had one final thing on my list to do before I felt as though my visit to Munich was complete. And that was to visit Starnberger See, or Lake Starnberg in English. The lake has a lot of rich history stemming way back to King Ludwig II who died in this lake and it's also worth mentioning that I believe he died during the construction of the castle in Neuschwanstein.

Anyhow, I loved my visit there although the weather wasn't exactly perfect and I didn't stay very long. I took a few pictures and I walked around quite a bit. It was a nice enough day to go for a nice walk along the water and there were several people swimming but with the amount of dark clouds swooping in I decided to head out after an hour and a half or so. I hope you enjoy the pictures!
I could have taken a tour on this boat but I wasn't sure if I felt up to being at sea today. This was also the first thing I really saw when I got off the train.
This building holds some kind of historical significance though I'm not entirely sure what. I liked it though!
I always think it's funny when I see the German (left) and the Bavarian (right) flags flying instead of the U.S. flag and the respective state flag.
I thought it was kind of cool that I saw this military vehicle during my walk around Starnberg.
Here is the actual lake. This is probably the best picture I got. It is a very nice lake.
There was this little statue of abstract-type art in the water. There was a little sign with the history of the monument but I didn't take a picture of it.




I also did my other final two minor things, one was to purchase a bag of tea, and the other was to eat one small bowl of organic ice cream... which was delicious but some may argue that the "sorbet" I had was technically not "ice cream." I didn't take a picture of the ice cream, but I had mango on one side and strawberry on the other with a waffle circle on top! Very pleased with myself.


I also finished packing today. I thought it would take me much longer than it actually had which is why I started and inevitably finished today. However it does free up my schedule a bit for tomorrow and Monday so that's one less thing to worry about. Plus I am allowed to have two checked bags which takes a load off my mind. That's right... tomorrow and Monday. That's it before I leave. I'm still in denial. I love Munich so much and I do hope to come back someday... but I know it's time for me to go.

Despite my sadness, which is pretty sizable and comes and goes in waves, I will post at least one more blog entry (my Holly's secrets to making flying fun) and I believe the Squishables would like to report on the homecoming experience. But until then...

... have fun!

2 comments:

  1. first of all my finger is still bandaged so im typing with one hand. therefore you are denied the right to make fun of any typos or otherwise grammatical issues present in this comment. i am so glad that you were able to finish your list of things to do in or around munich. now your entire trip is worth it. im excited that youre coming home in 2 days. i expect phone calls. sorbet is not ice cream but i will accept it. so excited for you to be coming back!!! yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy that you are coming home! Loved all of your blogs. Keep them up after your trip. Hope you have a safe flight.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment if you so choose!