Sprechen Sie Deutsch? ¿Habla Español? Speak another language? Translate!

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Happy Vernal Equinox

Hello everyone,

Today is March 20th, 2014, the first day of Spring. I awoke to over 12" of snow on the ground, the most we've had in one sitting all season. March and April snowstorms are the worst. I have pictures to share below.
Snow pile outside my window... it has grown since about three hours ago. It now reaches over the top of the window.
I opened my front screen door to see this...
...and then this... my poor car...
...and then this... piles of snow around the house.

Something I did this morning was look back on all of my blog posts from 2012 and 2013. I realized that we had snow last year until April... my fiance and I need to seriously consider a warmer climate, my car was completely buried this morning!

My first batch of maternity clothes came in yesterday (yay), and I will be placing another order probably tomorrow. My stomach is growing and the baby is kicking... both at an alarming rate!

Something else that has crossed my mind is starting my own little bakery. I've always loved baking, but I had given it up for cooking when I switched from conventional to organic foods. I am baking organic now, which is good, but it doesn't mean it's totally healthy. Since I'm pregnant, I don't care so much, but I'd love to have a small, traditional (which no one has anymore) bakery where I have have a rotating display of baked goods and also allow for custom orders. Plus, most of my recipes are shorter on the list of ingredients and I can also alter to make them a little healthier. Something I'm going to think about!

By the way I watched the Disney movie "Frozen" last night with my fiance. I'm going to have to re-watch it to get the full effect, but, while being a little sillier than most Disney movies, it's very good and worth the watch.

The last thing I'm going to mention on this very brief blog post is my dehydration. I have woken up seriously dehydrated for the last four days or so, and this isn't the first time in my pregnancy. Drinking water doesn't help like you would think, I don't seem to be able to retain water. I've never been much of a fluid drinker, which was fine before I got pregnant because my fluids would come from fruits, vegetables, soup, tea, and other water-holding foods. Now that I need to drink more water, those water holding foods need to be doubled... but it's not that easy for me. I eat them and it's not enough. I have no idea what to do about this but I may start drinking more tea and consuming more soup. Hopefully the baby has enough fluid in there!

For those of you who have little to no snow on the ground, enjoy where you live. For the rest of us... I think it's time to make an igloo.

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you so choose!